March 27, 2020
Dear Fellowship Home Family,
Members from all across The Fellowship Family continue to amaze me. Our staff is rising to the coronavirus challenge moment by moment and day after day. Residents are making the best of the situation with positive attitudes while friends and family are being very understanding and appreciative of our efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy. John F. Kennedy once said, “Great crisis produce great men and great deeds of courage.” I am seeing all sorts of great deeds, as well as many courageous and selfless acts happen in and around our communities. Thank you for all you are doing to support each other and to stay strong and healthy as we walk through this season together. I am confident that we will see the other side and will become stronger individually and collectively because of this.
We are continuously monitoring the situation and adapting as needed. Many innovative best practices have been established and our infection control protocol is being updated as new CDC guidance is released.
Quarantine Management Protocol Overview
- Visitor restrictions remain in place until further notice.
- Handwashing and temperature screening is mandatory for all staff before starting a new shift and they are following strict infection control guidelines while on duty.
- Residents receive twice daily temperature and oxygen saturation checks.
- Dining and activity programs have been modified to allow for continued enjoyment while carefully distancing from each other.
- Special efforts are in place to communicate regularly with residents and families. Keeping everyone safe, healthy, and informed remains a top priority.
Supplies and Logistics
- Daily monitoring of essential supply inventory and frequent communication with supply sources.
- Coordinating delivery of personal protective equipment, hand sanitizer, disinfectant cleaners, and other essential supplies to each Fellowship Home community as needed.
Staying Connected & Engaged
- Lots of FaceTime calls, glass-window visits, and balcony serenades are taking place on a regular basis.
- New and creative activity programming allowing for resident engagement while cautiously social distancing has been introduced. Spring weather has made our outdoor activities especially enjoyable!
The news on TV and social media is often full of fear and negativity. Feeding on this alone can steal our joy, grip our minds, and paralyze our ability to think clearly. As real as the COVID-19 crisis is, it does us no good to be afraid or anxious. 2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” Instead of succumbing to fear and anxiety, let’s build our faith by supporting each other in doing our part to stay safe and healthy while focusing our thoughts on things that are pure, lovely, admirable, and of a good report. My parents helped me memorize Joshua 1:9 when I was a small child. It says “Be strong and courageous! Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” I have no doubt that God is with us now.
There is no other group of people I would rather be on this journey with than the phenomenal people who make up The Fellowship Family. Thank you for your continued cooperation and support as we adjust our daily routine to navigate these unprecedented times. Our commitment is stronger than ever to making every effort to ensure we all stay safe and healthy as this situation passes.